Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case 06: On the Road, OK

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Case 06:  On the Road, OK Empty Case 06: On the Road, OK

Post  Mindie Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:53 pm

A high amount of paranormal activity had been haunting this particular road, so of course, Dean drove right onto it when they found the exit. It had been dusty and bare, sparse amounts of grass flanking each side and the hot midday sun baking the dirt beneath his wheels as it kicked up behind them. The EMF meter hadn't picked up a single thing down the whole track of it, so they had waited until nightfall, camping in the nearest town and asking questions. It was the same story everywhere they asked: people drove onto that road and disappeared, came back with tall tales and wide eyes to the rest of the world. Newspapers were scanned, patterns searched, but nothing turned up, save for one consistency--a new moon. Luckily, that had been the very night they planned to go.

Looking back on it later, maybe it hadn't been so lucky.

Dean remembered driving down, lights low, windows down, and suddenly there was a thick blanket of fog enveloping them, leaking in through every crack and cranny of the car. That was where reality ended, and reminiscing began...

-

"C'mon, Sammy, if you want to play at this park you need to keep your shoes tied. What if you fell and hurt yourself?" Truth be told, he was more worried about a random pit of Hell opening up and swallowing his brother, but Sam didn't need to know that. Besides, Dean would save him, if it happened. He was, after all, the most well-prepared 13 year old to ever walk the face of the earth, when it came to whatever went bump in the night. His father made sure of that, even though he was absent, more often than not. It didn't matter, because Dean was more than willing to be the man of the house, or motel, as it often was, in their dad's place.

"Hang on..." Crouching, Dean ruffled his brother's hair, then tied his shoes for him, too impatient to stand idle. That was the easiest way to be attacked, after all. "What do you want to play on? There's lots of stuff here." And other kids, which meant he'd have to keep a hawk eye on Sam. Who knew which one of them could be a demon in disguise? Or a skinwalker? That's why Dean kept his silver knife on him at all times; he never knew when he might need to unleash it on some sorry sap of a monster.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Case 06:  On the Road, OK Empty Re: Case 06: On the Road, OK

Post  Melody Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:07 pm

Sam stopped when his shoe came untied. He was 9, and should be better at this sort of thing by now, but being taught by a brother barely 4 years older, doesn't exactly make it easy. He pouted down at his sneaker, as if that would make it tie itself.

"I know, but, double knots are hard, right? Besides, I saw sneakers with velcro. Can't I just get a pair of those, Dean? Please?" He stared at his brother with wide eyes as the older boy bent down the tie the lace himself.

Sam looked out over the playground. He was never very good at this socializing thing. He always felt more comfortable back in a hotel room with cartoons on the tv and a good book in his lap.

"Dean, the encyclopedia told me that rust gives you tetanus. I haven't looked up tetanus yet, but it doesn't sound good. Maybe playgrounds are a bad idea. Dad said we're not allowed to get sick, because he doesn't trust any doctors around here. Dean? When is Dad coming home? It's been two days..." He whispered, tugging on his older brother's sleeve while staring down at the grass. "Can we just go back inside? Please? What if he comes home and we're not there? What if he leaves without us?"

The idea seemed to slowly play in his mind to the point where he looked up at Dean with a horrified expression.

"You don't think he'll leave without us, do you?!" He gasped, then turned to run back to the motel. "Dean, hurry! We have to hide in Dad's suitcase!"

in the process of running, he tripped and scratched him knee. Instantly tearing up, he held it and whimpered slightly.

"Nooo, the tetanus is coming to get me, Dean! Save me!"

Melody
Admin

https://dwellers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:30 am

"Velcro shoes are for quitters," Dean informed, "and you are a Winchester, which means you're going to grow up a badass. I have shoelaces, too, see?" The eldest Winchester boy gestured to his scuffed brown boots, the laces done up tight. He'd have to practice double knots with Sam later that night, when they had to go back to the motel. Sam couldn't win on leaving early, this time; otherwise, he would spend yet another night glued to his books, getting no exercise to help him run away from monsters Dean would fend off in the future.

"You won't get tetanus, Sammy; people take care of playgrounds to make them safe for kids." Besides, Dean was there, so how much safer could Sam be? There was a reason he camped out next to his brother's bed, ringed it with salt and iron filings, and blessed the water tanks of every motel they went to. One thing Dean had a harder time protecting Sam from, though, was the truth. He shifted where he stood, feeling the knife handle under his tattered denim jacket and giving Sam a crooked smile.

"Dad'll come back after he finishes his business, Sammy. Hey, chill out, it's fine. He isn't going to...Sammy!" Watching his brother's fear escalate until he was running, Dean went after him, stopping by his fallen brother and pulling the bag from his shoulder. "S'alright, Sammy, I gotcha...and I left dad a note, okay? It tells him where we are, and when we're going to be back. He won't leave without us." Fishing out a medical kit, he found an antiseptic spray and wet Sam's scratch, wiping the beading blood away with some gauze before sticking a bandage over it. It was time to be an awesome big brother.

"Sammy...hey, Sam. Your name is Sam, right? Not Negative Nancy?" His teasing was light and prodding as he packed the kit back up and slung it over his shoulder, standing as he grabbed Sam under the arms and hauled him up into the air, smushing their foreheads together. "This is really training, okay? You just need to be able to act natural around other people. Someday you're going to help save these people, you know that? Here." Setting Sam down, he vigorously ruffled his hair with both hands before fishing a fruit rollup from his pocket and pushing it into his brother's hands.

"Go socialize, Sammy. I'll be here the entire time, promise." Confidently, he flashed Sam a thumbs up and nodded towards a quieter portion of the playground, where a girl with long blonde curls, much like their mother, sat and sorted rocks.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:14 am

Dean did make a lot of sense, also, he had a fruit rollup. That was all Sam needed to know.

"You really left a note?" He perked up a bit while Dean helped him to his feet. "I guess he can't leave us if there's a note. It's probably against the law."

Sam nodded seriously. He trusted the law completely and used it as guide for most of his decisions. Unfortunately, he was raised by a dad and brother that always changed the law to suit their needs. Last week Sam was told that breaking into a house is legal if you don't get caught, so he didn't question it. But never leaving when there is a note was obviously a real law since Dean said it and Dean is the best. It made perfect sense.

"Okay, I'll try my best, Dean. I'll be really normal, you won't even recognize me, okay? Wait. No, I want you to recognize me or else you might think I'm a demon. Dean! Dean it's me, Sammy! You know who I am, right?" He clung to his brother's arm, willing him to never leave or mistake him for a demon. "I'm going to write you a note before I go talk to the kids, so you won't leave me."

With a serious look, he began to write in the dirt with a stick.

'Dear Dean. Oh those words are only a different by a letter. Dear Dean Dear Dean Dear Dean. I like it. I'm going to go be normal, so don't leave me.'

Satisfied with his note, he wandered across the playground while munching on one end of the fruit rollup. That's when he spotted her. A girl with blond curls. She looked like a picture of mom that Dad kept in his wallet. If dad loved mom so much, that must mean that girls with blonde curly hair are the best and you should love them.

With a shy stare, he carefully walked over to her.

"Hi, I'm Sam, and I'm normal." He whispered with a mouth full of his favorite snack. "Whatcha doin'? You like rocks? Rocks are good and normal and legal, just like me. Maybe you'll like me too?"

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:29 am

"I did, and it is." Dean was thankful for Sam's dedication to the law, which had been an odd development that he watched grow, but hey, whatever made the kid happy. Plus, it made it easier to get him to do stuff, like eat his peas and not doubt Dean's amazing lock-picking skills. He still had to be careful, though, because too much law-making might make Sam suspicious, so Dean always made sure to have decent reasoning behind his 'laws'.

"Good. Don't worry, Sammy, you'll need a lot of practice before you'll be able to fool me that well. And I'll write a note next to yours, so you can't leave me, either." Crouching down next to his brother, Dean dragged his finger through the dirt as Sam worked with his stick, both brothers scribbling out letters to their heart's contentment. After reading over Sam's note with an amused smirk, Dean looked at his own handiwork. It read:

'Sammy, don't leave me, because I'm your big bro and I said so.'

Underneath the loose scrawl of his message were old symbols that repelled malicious spirits, just to be safe.

Satisfied to see Sam hone in on a target, and simultaneously weirded out by his affinity for mom-look alikes, Dean found himself a shady tree to sit beneath and fished a stake from his bag. He was working on sharpening it up, so it would puncture chests without too much resistance, and once he had it how he wanted it, maybe he'd let the tip soak in holy water for another few hours. Pulling his knife from his boot, he began to whittle away at it, then paused to grab a bag of chips as well. A growing boy like himself needed to eat, too, so he wouldn't have to worry about being starved if the enemy captured him, or he had to spend days on the move without food in search of Sam.

Speaking of Sam, he'd better keep an eye on him, just in case the mom replica he was sitting with was actually a demon. In all actuality, she was possessed by one, but her eyes didn't show it, so Dean was contentedly ignorant, for now.

"Normal Sam?" The girl raised her head to look at him, eyes dusty blue. "I like you already. My name is Callas. Wanna help?" She gestured to the rocks, which she was sorting by color and size. It was really just a ploy to make her approachable, but it had worked every time she had done it on other playgrounds around the world. Children were so easily trusting, and amusing to scar. For weeks at a time, she would haunt the same playground, finding one kid she liked best and learning about them, who they loved most, how to twist them. It created some interesting enemies as they aged.

"Who's that boy you were talkin' to? Family?" Speaking of, he was watching her like a hawk and sharpening a stake. Definitely not your normal breed of kid. This would be fun.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:50 am

Sam plopped down in front of the girl and her rock collection.

"Who? The cool one? Yeah, that's my big brother." He smiled, full of pride. "He's the best. But, you know, this classification system you have here is nice. But, I think you're confusing your Gneiss with your Slate. I know, it's an easy mistake to make. Heck, I thought that way until I was eight."

He decided to do her a favor and reorganize them according to their metamorphic grade.

"My mom had hair like you. I kinda want to brush it, but I won't, becuase Dean says I have to be normal, and that's not normal. He even said it's borderline illegal until I turn 15." He whispered seriously, afraid to cops might take him away for even thinking it. Sammy then looked over at Dean, giving him a tiny thumbs up, knowing his brother would be proud that he didn't pet the girl's head, then he turned back to her. "Well, this was good talking practice. I should go back now, my brother might miss me. I hope he does. That would be nice."

Getting up, he reached over and shook her hand formally before running back to Dean.

"Dean! Dean! I did it. I was good and normal and I even organized her rock collection more efficiently. It's kinda like saving her, right? Can I stay with you now? I was starting to get lonely." He pouted slightly, hoping his brother wouldn't send him away again.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 pm

Definitely not normal kids. Callas watched Sam sort her rocks and ramble on about the hair of the girl she was possessing, amused by his matter-of-fact attitude and short attention span. These kids had to be hunter-spawn, no doubt. But which hunter did they belong to? Sam didn't stick around long enough for her to ask, but that was alright, because she was sure she'd find out soon enough. After all, she could already see quite a lot about the boys without words, like their dedication to their father, and their missing, no, dead mother. Strong emotions like that stuck out like sore thumbs.

"Okay," she told Sam, squeezing his hand as he shook hers and watching him return to his smiling brother. Dean was obviously proud of Sam's fragmented progress, and happier to have him nearby, where he could keep him safe. For now.

"Yeah, sure, you saved her from...not knowing about rocks. You can hang out with me, but we're not sitting here if you want that, because you need some exercise. I can let it slide if you're talking to other kids, but you're going to have to suffer through tag, otherwise." Putting the stake back in his bag and his knife in his boot, Dean crumpled up the now-empty chip bag and tossed it in a nearby trashcan. Tag and hide and seek, two games that taught Sam the essentials of what he could use for the rest of his life, though Dean hoped he wouldn't have to. He wanted to help dad get revenge for mom soon, so Sam could do something safe, be a normal man as the years went by. That's why he worked so hard now, with keeping Sam safe and with his own hunting prowess.

"Sam!" A girlish voice tore Dean from his convictions, and he watched Callas run up in her little white sun dress, something held behind her back. Dean's hand went behind his own back, for a flask of holy water was in his back pocket, and you never knew when you might need it. She glanced up at him with a small smile before holding her hands out to his brother, a Power Ranger toy held between them.

"Thanks for helping me. This is for you." From her peripheral vision, Callas watched Dean relax, mouth twitching upwards at the cutesy exchange. This boy was going to be a sap for girls, someday. She'd remember that if she saw him again.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:30 pm

"Okay!" Sammy smiled. He actually liked Tag. His favorite part was when Dean caught him, becuase they got to hug. But he had a suspicion that he should be trying harder to not get caught. But, before Dean could be once again disappointed in Sam's ability to always get captured, the blonde haired girl showed up. You organize a girls rock collection, and you just can't get rid of them! Sam wasn't ready for a relationship yet. Especially not with a girl who couldn't tell her quartz from her halite.

"Oh, hi." He smiled softly, waving at her. But then she revealed something that was worth organizing a million rocks. "Wait... can I really have it?!"

He stared at the power ranger then back at Dean.

"Dean! It's the red one! Remember? We saw it on the tv. Can I keep it? Pleaseeeeee?" He pouted. The power ranger reminded him of Dean. But if he named it 'dean', it would go to his brother's head. "I'm going to name it Naed, thanks miss blonde girl."

He took the power ranger and hugged it to his chest, not really caring what the girl's real name was.

"Tag! Nead and I are it!" He giggled, starting the game of tag by running away.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:32 pm

"Yup!" Callas chirped, smiling broadly as she was overlooked and forgotten. It was excruciatingly easy to see who Sam loved the most, and that was Dean. In fact, he seemed to be just as weak for his little brother. These brothers reminded her of someone...and she decided this wouldn't be the last time they encountered her. As her host's mother came into view, Callas scampered off, leaving the Winchesters to play.

Dean didn't notice her departure, at first, too caught up with assuring Sam that he could keep the toy, weakened by Sam's irresistible pout and being rewarded with an ego boost. Nead was obviously Dean backwards. He went after his brother with a goofy grin, holding back some speed since he had longer legs. As the game progressed, he wouldn't be so soft, however.

"Better hurry up, Sammy; I'm gainin' on ya!" Suddenly breaking from Sam's tail, Dean circled around, disappearing long enough to jump in front of Sam and sweep him up like he weighed nothing. "C'mon, you can hustle more than that."

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 pm

"Hurry Naed! Dean is going to catch us!" Sammy giggled, holding the toy under his arm while he ran. His brother's legs were indeed longer. But, little did they know, Sam would get a growth spurt in a few years and it wouldn't stop until he towered over both Dean and their dad.

Trying to hide behind a tree, Sam peeked out and noticed Dean wasn't there.

"Oh no... Oh no! Naed! Dean is gone! What if he's in trouble. We have to find him!" Shaking the power ranger slightly to make it focus on their problem, Sam started to run back. Luckily, his worrying didn't last for long since Dean jumped in front of him and picked him up. "Dean! You're not murdered!"

Sammy wrapped his arms around Dean's neck and hugged him tightly.

"I thought maybe you left me..." He whispered with a frown.

"Sammy? Dean?" Called a familiar voice from across the park.

"Dad!" Sam jumped down and took Dean's hand, pulling him towards their father.

John stood with his hands in his pockets, grinning at his adorable sons. When they got close enough, he knelt down and stretched open his arms for a hug. Beside him, a girl in a poofy church dress and dark brown hair in a pigtails turned her head in their direction. Her sunglasses were too large and unnecessary for the slightly cloudy day. She looked around 11, and overly cute. This was making Sammy jealous, becuase that was his role.

"Ah, this is Ophelia. She's staying for a little bit while we take her to her new home. I just need to call Bobby about some things first." John smiled, nudging her over.

"O-Oh... it's very nice to meet you." She whispered, bowing slightly. "Your Papa kidnapped me, and he's very nice."

John cleared his throat as Sam stared at him.

"Dad! Kidnapping is illegal! Right Dean?" Sam pouted at the injustice. "You should send her back. I don't want her here. Girls... they have cooties... I read that somewhere, so it's true. Probably tetanus too!"

"Haha, squirt, you've been reading too much, and I didn't kidnap her. It's complicated. Trust me on this. Now, why don't you two show Ophelia to the motel room and I'll grab us some dinner, okay?" John smiled, ruffling both the boys' hair. "She lost her eyesight not too long ago, so be nice."

Ophelia smiled and reached out to hold onto Dean's arm. Sammy glared and took Dean's other arm, holding it tighter. At this moment in time, he swore to himself never to marry a brunette, becuase they were evil and wanted to steal his brother.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 pm

"You wrote me a note, Sammy; I would never leave you. Duh. Even if you didn't leave a note, I wouldn't." Dean gave Sam a brief noogie before he heard their father's voice, and allowed his brother to tug him over to the man he aspired to be like, one day.

"Dad, you're back early!" Joining in on the hugging action for a Winchester winfest, then pulled back like a man when the time was right. "Calling Bobby? Can you ask him when we can come over, next? He said he'd show me some tricks next time we saw him." Carefully censoring his word choice around Sam, not wanting to make him have nightmares about ghoulies again, Dean flicked his attention to Ophelia briefly, deciding that she was cute, but...a girl. And girls, to his knowledge, were useless for combating evil creatures.

"Couldn't we just take her to an orphanage?" Dean presented the question in a respectful tone, hating to ask his dad but also disliking the idea of being slowed down in saving Sam's future by a babysitting gig. He was supposed to be killing stuff and protecting his one little brother, not providing a nanny service. The only girl worth his time was mom, and they still had to avenge her, too. Now he had a kid on both arms. It would be pout worthy, if Dean Winchester pouted.

"Yes, sir. C'mon, Sammy. Kidnapping is only bad if someone takes you from me." His voice lowered as he pulled the two away, and he offered Sam's vice-like grip a silly wriggle as his fingers tickled what they could.

Once they reached the motel, Dean guided Ophelia to a chair and sat her down before surveying the room, already feeling a bit stir crazy. He still had some adrenaline from tag. Deciding to do something productive, he got down on the musty floor and started doing push-ups. In awhile, he'd probably ask Sam to sit on his back, like he usually did.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 am

John laughed at his boys disinterest of the girl he brought home. It made him happy that he didn't have to worry about them growing up too fast, despite what job they did every day.

"I just picked her up from an orphanage, and I doubt she wants to go back. I'm going to find her someone to live with that's like me. You understand, right Dean?" He nodded, patting the boys shoulder before shooing them back to the motel.

"Thank you Mr. Winchester." Ophelia smiled, following both the reluctant and the agitated brother back to the motel room. She sat in the chair she was guided to, and listened as the older brother began to exercise. He sounded dreamy.

Ophelia was right at the age where girls like to dream about getting married and having kids. In her mind, she tested every boy's last name to see if they would work. Ophelia Winchester didn't sound horrible. But, still not as good as the older boy at the orphanage who's last name was Lovely. He promised that he would be rich someday and he would take her to the fancy hamburger place across from the orphanage. But Winchester was pretty good too. Even though he would probably grow up to be poor but attractive.

"Dean?" Ophelia slid out of her chair and sat beside the brothers. Sam glared over the edge of his book as he sat on Dean's back. He didn't like where this was going. "Do you two want to play a game? Let's play doctor. Sammy can be the patient."

"Doctor games are for boys. And you're not a boy. Why don't you go and play nurse or something. Alone." Sam pouted, clinging to Dean's neck.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:28 am

"What is it?" Dean answered, the force of his eyes on the floor seeming to lift him almost as much as his arms. Despite Sam's weight upon him, Dean's back was flat, and he rose and fell with methodical slowness. His arms burned with promise for saving Sam even more in the future, if that were possible, and he decided that this carpet had recently been cleaned, because it didn't smell stale, like most motel rugs did. Now what was this Ophelia girl wanting? Something about something. Wait, Sam was complaining...playing doctor?

"Um, what exactly is your definition of 'playing Doctor'?" He sure as heck wasn't letting Sam be at the mercy of a blind girl who wanted to play doctor if she wanted to involve anything realistic, and he'd already made Sam perfect his first aid. It was the only thing he absolutely wouldn't budge on, because Sam needed to be able to take care of himself and others when the time arose. Especially himself. Not that Dean would just let him up and get hurt, but if anything ever happened, and he couldn't take care of Sammy...

Nah, he just wouldn't let that happen. Winchesters were born to come out on top; that's why 'win' was in their last name.

"Because I'm kinda busy right now." Someday, he'd hold the world on these shoulders, and they had better be toned up to take the weight.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:53 am

Ophelia laughed. Boys are really simple sometimes.

"No, not that sort of doctor." She smiled and pulled an old book out of her bag. "Your dad told me what you do. Fight demons and stuff, right? I think it's really cool that you save people. Well, he gave me this book on curing curses and possessions and stuff like that. I thought I could help you practice. But if you're busy, that's okay. I'm going to go read it on my own."

How a blind girl could read was very questionable. And both the brothers would see that the inside pages of the book were all blank.

"Dean, I think she's crazy. But dad wouldn't leave us alone with a crazy girl, right? Oh... what if this is a test. I bet he wants to see if we catch on and capture her. I'll go get the rope..." Sam whispered, slowly climbing off Dean's back and reaching under the bed before nodding to his brother that he was ready. In his other hand he had his power ranger, just in case.

Ophelia sat on the chair, swinging her feet back and forth as she looked down at the book with her large sunglasses, humming a bit to herself.

Sam was as prepared as he could be. This is the first time they would have a living person to practice their capture attack on. It was pretty fun so far.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:03 am

Dad gave her a book on curing curses and possessions and stuff? A blind girl?! Dean's eyes left the floor as he turned his attention to the book, which was full of blank pages. Was she making this up? He held a finger out to Sam as his brother clambered off, and moved into a sitting position, staring hard at Ophelia with the beginnings of a frown.

"Hey, Ophelia, can I see your eyes for a sec?" Maybe she was a skinwalker that his dad had missed? At any rate, Dean wanted to know if she was really blind, or just being a brat. Or if she was actually an embodiment of evil that he had to stake before she went after Sam.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:38 am

Ophelia looked a little startled as she tilted her head up to hear him clearly.

"My... eyes?" She whispered, then quickly grabbed her sunglasses, holding them more firmly on her face. "No you can't. Sorry. Your dad said it would be a bad idea. He'll be home soon, right? So... um... you can ask him, okay? Besides, asking to look at a blind girl's eyes is weird, Dean."

Quickly standing up on the chair, she tried to keep her face out of reach.

"Just... just stay there..." Ophelia felt around trying to get an idea of the layout of the room. "T-Tell you what. Just tell me where the closet is, and I'll go sit in it until your Papa gets home, okay?"

"I'll save you Dean!" Sammy yelled, jumping up from behind the bed and trying to tackle her legs. But he was a lot shorter so he just clung to them while Ophelia screamed.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:13 am

"Why is it a bad idea?" Dean watched Ophelia clutch her glasses to her face, and stood up. Why wouldn't dad tell them if something was up? Did he not trust them? Surely he had a good reason, even if Dean couldn't think of one, but he didn't like being stuck in a motel room with...this. With this not knowing, and a suspicious, blank-page reading girl who wouldn't let them see her eyes. He also didn't like how Sam just made this ten times worse.

Clamping his hand over Ophelia's mouth, Dean picked her up and away from Sam's savior attempt, then sighed unhappily and plucked the glasses from her face.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Ophelia panicked, not really knowing what to do. Dean would see her eyes were black and demonic.

"Dean!" Sam crawled up on the bed. "Did she trick dad?! I bet she did, just to get you and my power ranger."

Sam wanted to bite her.

Ophelia tried to shake her head, but luckily John came back with a bag full of fast food.

"Hey, I got some.. woah, boys! Stop that!" He walked over and picked both his sons up, one in each arm. "Are you okay, Ophelia?"

"Y-Yes Sir..." She whispered. At this moment, she decided that if she ever saw Dean again, not only would she refuse to marry him, but she was also going to make him miserable. "Can I go now?"

"Yeah, I called your new grandma." John set the boys down and narrowed his eyes. "I didn't teach you this. She's not a demon, and I'll explain it later. You two stay here while I take her home. And don't get into any more trouble."

John helped Ophelia up and they left the room.

"Dean?" Sam blinked over at his big brother. "Dad's mad at us. Do you think he knew I was thinking about biting her? ...probably."

He pulled some french fries from the bag of food and began munching on it. A little while later, Dean would hear an abnormal howling outside, then a scream.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Dean's breath caught in his throat at the sight of her eyes. He felt a spike of fear and adrenaline seize him, and immediately shoved her glasses back onto her face, not wanting Sam to see.

"Get back, Sammy," he ordered, mind racing to recall the Latin exorcism but only managing to jumble incoherent phonemes. He struggled with Latin more than he let on, and loathed himself for it, now. Thankfully, or unfortunately, as it was, John chose that moment to return. He defended Ophelia as soon as he stepped through the door, to Dean's shock and dismay. This demon...but he said she wasn't... What if he was wrong?

It was a possibility that Dean never fathomed for his father, before, but he resolved to never, ever trust that girl, even if his dad did. Even if she saved his life! Demons were conniving, and always had ulterior motives. Someday, he would find out what hers was. For now, he had to deal with the instinctive shame that came with angering his dad.

"Yes, sir." Waiting for the two to leave, Dean sat with Sam, then grabbed a handful of fries to stuff into his mouth. "Nah," he grunted through his mouthful, cheeks plump like a chipmunk's, "jus' don' worry 'bout it now." With a slow swallow, he cleared away the potato wad, and licked his lips to speak again, but was cut off by the howl and a scream. Instinctively, he pulled his knife out, already getting up to grab his gun.

"Hey, Sammy, wanna wait here for a bit?" He was already checking the barriers he had laid, then deemed them satisfactory. "Sit on your bed, okay? I'll just be a minute..." He headed to the door, hoping he could get this over with quickly.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Sammy nodded and crawled up onto his bed.

"Dean, be careful. I read that there are a lot of wild raccoons in the area. I don't want you to get rabies." He whispered as his brother left. Sam decided that if Dean was gone longer than five minute, he was going to go look for him.

The sound came from the woods directly behind the motel. The deeper Dean went in, the louder the noise became. That's when he would see a boy dash in front of him. He looked a little older than Sammy, with a horrible brown bowl cut and denim overalls with G.I. Joe t-shirt underneath. The boy jumped over a fallen log and under some low branches, trying to get away from something.

That 'something' appeared to be some sort of wolf. Not a hell hound or a werewolf, as far as he could tell. It had human eyes, and it's fur was missing. Instead, there was flesh. Very human looking flesh. It was as if someone had skinned several children and sewed the layers together, stretching it tightly over the wolf's bones.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm

"I'll be careful." Dean smiled slightly as he left, making the door was shut securely behind him before plunging into the brush, towards the noise. Soon, he had a kid scurrying past him, and Dean jerked his gun in the kid's direction before realizing that he was running from something. That "something" should have been why their dad chose to come here, but Dean wasn't sure. All he knew was that he was supposed to stay inside and keep Sam safe, but this kid needed help, too.

"Hey, freak, over here." Dean leveled his gun at the creature's chest, placing himself between it and the child it was chasing. Consecrated iron bullets, standard. Silver knife, now stuck in the waist of his jeans. Holy water in the back pocket, and a hell of a lot of blind bravery to steel him for whatever came. Finger on the trigger. Even breathing, don't let it intimidate you. Just think of Sammy. And pull.

The round went off with a crack, and Dean hoped that his aim was still sharp.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:00 pm

The bullets landed straight in the creature's chest, causing it to growl in pain and duck behind a group of trees before running out of sight. It wasn't dead, that much was certain, but Dean did seem to have wounded it.

Once the kid knew it was gone, for now at least, he crawled out from his hiding spot and stared at Dean with wide eyes.

"You shot it. You have a gun. You know how to use a gun. You're like G.I.Joe!" He gasped, hurrying over to shake Dean's hand. "That was amazing! How did you do that? You saved me."

He continued to beam his smile a while later.

"Thanks, really. My parents are taking a nap inside the motel, and I got bored. What was that thing? And, can you teach me how to shoot like that?" His brown bowl cut brushed right above his eyes, matching the same color of the freckles that splattered across his cheeks and nose. Despite the overalls, he looked like a city kid. A city kid who's mother thought country fashion was just adorable.

That's when Dean would hear Sammy screaming for help, somewhere else in the woods.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:15 pm

"Uh, yeah, I guess. Look, that thing is still out there, so you need to get back inside and lock up. I have to go take care of that, so I can't teach you anything now, especially if you don't get inside so you don't die." Dean nudged the freckled boy back towards the motel, but froze at the sound of Sammy's scream. He told him to stay inside!

"Damnit, Sammy! Go, get inside!" Taking off towards his brother's scream, Dean yelled back over his shoulder at the boy, long legs tearing up the ground as his breathing picked up. Why didn't Sam listen? What if it got him? If he was hurt? If it was going to skin Sammy?! Over his dead body. Sam was his responsibility, his one important job, and Dean was dedicated to his brother in ways that transcended a normal family's home. He knew their lifestyles were dangerous, and that his brother was actually in danger; that was why their father was so strict, why their mother was dead. She would be the only one. Dean would make sure nothing else could hurt his family, not his dad or his brother.

Gun cocked, he barreled around a tree, throat dry and eyes wide to take in any movement.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:26 pm

"Your brother? That's my mom!" The boy called out as Dean ran off, not making much sense at the moment.

When Dean arrived at the spot the voice was coming from, he would a couple bodies dangling from a tree branch, and an area of flattened grass where the wolf must sleep. Luckily, none of the bodies were Sammy, not to mention, his brother was no where to be seen.

"Dean! Help me!" he would hear again, but the sound was coming from the wolf. It stepped out from behind a tree before closing it's snout.

"Mom?! I'm coming!" Came the voice of the boy from before, running in their direction. Apparently the wolf made you hear only what you expected to hear.

Snapping it's teeth and licking it's chops, the wolf made a leap for Dean, trying to bite into his shoulder. It pinned the boy down and was about to sink it's teeth in when something flew at it's head, causing it to pause for a second.

Apparently the boy had a slingshot. Not that it would do much good if Dean didn't take the opportunity to finish off the beast.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm

"Sam? Sammy?" Dean swallowed hard and looked around at the bodies, gun clutched in his hands as he licked his lips. He perked at the sound of Sam's voice, but faltered as he saw its source, and felt his stomach drop down through his feet. He had just ran into a trap, like an amateur. Before he could aim and take a shot, however, he was tackled to the ground, jaws snapping towards his shoulder as he counted the ways in which he had just failed royally. He still had his gun, but no room to move it; the creature was too heavy and intent on holding him down.

At the swift sign of distraction, though, Dean was able to move, not bothering to think as he wriggled his gun arm free and shoved the nose of the weapon beneath the creature's chin. He shot several times, aiming back into its skull as blood sprayed across his face in retaliation.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next