Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case File #05

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Case File #05 - Page 2 Empty Re: Case File #05

Post  Mindie Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:05 pm

Dean wrapped up his hand after the bug was burnt to cinders, and walked with Sam back to the car, taking over the driver's seat as soon as they made it. He thought back, and frowned at the fuzzy-edged nightmare that used to plague him so consistently. It was something he never told Sam, because he was supposed to be tough for his kid brother, keep him safe. Staying up some nights with his shotgun helped, and it was a habit that took him awhile to break, even after the nightmares ended.

"Yeah, I remember," Dean mumbled, getting chills. They were supposed to keep an eye out for bugs, and Dean remembered his father telling him to make absolutely sure that he and Sam never went outside if the faceless man came back, no matter how much they might want to. How anyone could want to was beyond his fathoming at that point, but he didn't question his father. That thing...he had to find out how to kill it.

"I think it's time we paid a visit to Dead Man's hill, but let's make sure the little women are in one piece, first." That, and he wanted to make sure he had all his gear in order. He drove back towards Sophia's home.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:54 pm

"Sounds good." Sam nodded as they drove back to the cottage. Inside, Sophia and Ophelia were sitting around a table where the bug was sitting in the jar.

"Oh, thank heaven's you boys are back and alive." Sophia replied, getting up and pulling them both into a hug. "Ophelia told me what happened. It's these damn bugs. I can't find anything out about them, but we've been experimenting."

An old glimmer of a grin spread across her face.

"The little bastards hate holy water, so that's good. Must be something demonic then. Do you boys think you can handle it? I've got tubs and tubs full of the stuff downstairs for you. You boys make me proud, alright? Give me a call if you need backup." She gave them all the equipment and showed them back out.

"You guys better come and pick me up before you leave town. Don't think I won't hunt you down!" Ophelia called out as they left.

"Holy water... got it." Sam carried a water gun full of it, strapped to his back, Rambo style. "Let's do this."

The hill was only a short walk away. They knew it before they even got there becuase the putrid scent of the bugs lingered in the air. In the distance though, there were no bugs visible. Just a tall man. His long tentacle like arms drooped to the ground, and his smooth featureless face shook slightly, calling their attention. It was the same man from Dean's dream.

The man's arms stretched widely, and they would feel compelled to step closer, but other than that, their minds were their own. On the ground were two holes, both dug to their exact size.

Melody
Admin

https://dwellers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm

Ah, badass grans were always handy. Dean thanked her for the equipment and left with Sam, offering Ophelia a noncommittal grunt on the way. Let her sweat it out a bit. Seeing Sam with that weak water pistol almost had him tipping over laughing, and Dean couldn't restrain his amused snort at the sight.

"Yeah..." He had to keep telling himself that it was holy water, and they weren't about to go playing behind a hotel while he was made to help Sam work on aim. Dean himself carried hefty thermoses of the water, perfect for sloshing and throwing, and a pistol with iron rounds. If neither of those worked, he was a human arsenal, so eventually the solution would come. Damn, though, Dean wasn't expecting his skin to prickle so violently at the sight of that thing; the reassuring fact was that he and Sam weren't kids anymore, and he could protect his little brother from most anything under the sun.

"Be ready, Sammy. Don't do anything stupid." Stepping forward into the compulsion, wanting to be in a good death range for his pistol, Dean stopped at the edge of his hole, staring the featureless face down with a grim smile.

"You still can't have him. Just throwing that out there. And this." Uncapping a thermos, he threw some holy water across the hole and into the Slenderman's chest, gun aimed and cocked in the time it took to hit. Iron rounds soon followed, and Dean hoped that Sam would come through this one time and do something awesome, by his standards.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:32 pm

The holy water and the iron rounds did have an effect, by maybe not the one they wanted. It pierced the man's chest, causing hundred of earwig type bugs to come flowing out. But, it did cause the creature to drop his arms and stumble slightly.

"Dean! It's a demon! Exorcise it while I take care of the bugs!" Sam shouted, squirting the holy water around them in a circle so none of the bugs would reach them, just wither and die instead.

With a sputter of distaste, slender man extended his arms again. This time, they would feel compelled to go down into their holes, but Dean would be able to read the exorcism prayer while walking towards it.

Melody
Admin

https://dwellers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:36 pm

See, this is why Dean hated all demons, and everything remotely demonic. They were all abhorrent creatures, every last one of them. Nodding as he began to lower himself to the ground in preparation for his descent, Dean fell into the familiar exorcism chant, eyes never leaving the creature as he grinned around the words until it was damned back to hell. The bugs went with their creator, leaving the boys safe and sound.

Soon, they said their sweet goodbyes to Sophia, the badass granny, and Dean grudgingly took Ophelia with them as they went back on the road.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2