Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case File #07

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Case File #07 - Page 2 Empty Re: Case File #07

Post  Mindie Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:10 am

Callas wiped her hands on her jeans and cracked her neck before taking a seat near Sam, giving him a comfortable pocket of space since Dean wasn't around to antagonize. Her eyes flicked over to him at the sound of her name, though the question that followed wasn't totally unexpected; Sam, after all, was the point man between he and Dean. Curious, logical, tall, and fairly wimpy until push came to shove...yep.

"If I managed to make Dean impregnate me, he would blast it out of my uterus the second he found out. In case you haven't noticed, he's not quite as charming with my kind. You, though, you're not so black and white with things, and you're the only person I know of who could keep Dean from going trigger happy. Can't say I expected you to want anything to do with the kid, if we can make it, but I knew I could get you into my pants somehow and come out in one piece." Scooting back until the tree bark dug into her shoulders, Callas tried to decide if the first question was necessary, and came to the conclusion that if this was successful, then he would be more inclined to know. If it wasn't...well, she couldn't help anything, then.

"Demons take lovers down in Hell quite a lot, you know, but they're still...difficult to trust. Most are violent or two-faced, especially when you constantly border being a turncoat. I already told you I hate it down there, everyone does, but there's no one I can trust, either. I may be a demon, but that doesn't mean that those things don't faze me." And though she wouldn't admit it now, Callas was thoroughly jealous of every mother she had ever met. The idea of forming another living creature inside of you for a meticulous nine months, then raising it for years to come, having it depend on you...it was a nice idea. She wanted something to take care of that would let her take care of it, so she could prove that just because she was a demon didn't mean she was a bloodthirsty killer, or a whore, or whatever other colorful names Dean most likely had for her.

"I don't know, Sammy; no one has ever tried this, before. If it doesn't work within a certain amount of time, I'll release you from the deal, though, so don't worry that pretty little head of yours over it. I imagine, if it works, the baby will definitely have some demon in it...I mean, you have growing demonic prowess, and I am a demon, so it only makes sense." She fell into silence, thinking it over, and almost missing his final verbalization. Looks like she knew how to pick 'em, after all.

"If this actually happens, you'll have yourself a deal." Sam would be too accident prone if he had to raise a demon child on his own, anyway. Someone needed to be there to protect them while Dean threw his bitch fits.

-----

"Yeah? Well, we're working the same case." This guy had history with their family? Dean didn't get much chance to consider it, and clutched his face as he stumbled back, cursing loudly. "A curse? I don't know, but there were ghosts downstairs, trying to keep me from coming up. Stay there, Alex; I'm going to go take care of this, and then we'll get you out of here, I promise. Don't try to get up yet!" Releasing his nose and feeling the blood beginning to trickle, Dean shrugged it off and chased Scott into the next room.

"If we're both hunters, why not be civilized about it, Scott? What kind of curse do you think she has? What's your basis for it?" Questions were mostly useless to Dean, but he wanted answers this time, so he could determine whether or not this guy was nuts and had to be shot. Curses were almost impossible to break, and were best left locked up, or exterminated, but he hadn't found anything curse-like in the files Alex had given him. Had she missed something? It had to have to do with those ghostly women, whatever it was. Too bad he didn't have time to sit and chat with them.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:28 am

Sam quietly listened to everything and was a little surprised when he found out that she just wanted a child of her own, not a minion to take of the world.

"Yeah, I'm not going to leave. Having a dad that's always gone isn't good for a kid either. Especially when it doesn't have an older brother. I think we might have to have two, you know, to even things out. Or get Dean to have a kid." Sam replied seriously. "The only thing I'm worried about is Dean and I being on the road so much. It's hard on a kid growing up. Hmmm, we might have to save the world for a little bit and get a house. I'll ask Dean for advice when he comes back."

He sat in awkward silence for a little bit, then reached over and held Callas' hand.

"For the record, if you'll protect your kid even half as much as you've helped us, I think you'll be a great mom." But the moment ended when Sam realized it's been over half-an-hour since he'd seen Dean. That's half-an-hour too long. Quickly jumping to his feet, he scanned the graveyard and frowned. "Dean hasn't called me. Do you think he's in trouble? Should we go after him? I guess I could call, but what if he's hiding and it tips off his attacker..."

-------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Alex nodded, slowly lowering herself back down to the floor while Dean chased after the other hunter.

As Dean turned to corner into the room, Scott had his gun pointed right back at him with his casual grin.

"From what I hear, you're sounding a lot more like your brother than yourself. When do you worry about the gray aspects of our job, Dean? Hmmm? If that woman is allowed to marry, she'll just spread the curse even farther. It's what my father told me, so I don't need to question it. I've been working this case for 5 years, so really, I don't need your help." He slowly backed up towards the window behind him. "You can't protect her forever, Dean. I'll just come back tomorrow and the day after that until the job is done."

Scott then shot the wall beside Dean as a distraction while he jumped out the window. If Dean looked out it, he would only catch a glimpse of the hunter disappearing down the street.

"Dean?" Alex called out from the other room. She was looking through a small notebook. "I took this from him during our fight. I think... he's the one that's cursed, Dean. He's using their blood for some sort of ritual to cure himself. We should show this to Sam, see if he can find anything out about it."

She held up the notepad with all the strength she could muster up. It was an array that looked similar to a demon summoning symbol that Dean had seen in his Dad's notebook.

Melody
Admin

https://dwellers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:49 am

"Then I'll be looking for you tomorrow, and the day after that, until my job is done." Dean challenged cockily, perfectly ready to show the action behind his talk, if need be. This is why you weren't considerate to the enemy; they didn't take you seriously. If only Sam learned. Unfortunately, the distracting shot worked out, and Dean was left with watching the bastard's tail end disappearing once he had the reflex to lunge at the window. Well, he knew Scott would be coming back, so that was no problem. Forced to be satisfied with the situation for now, Dean returned to Alex at her call and accepted the notebook, grumbling to himself.

"I'll call him. C'mere." Taking her arm, he wrapped it around his shoulders then helped her up, acting as a crutch. "Lauren, right? Are you okay? He's gone, now; you can come out." Fishing in his pocket with his free hand after holstering his gun, Dean grabbed his cell and called Sam up.

-----

Wow, Sam sounded really serious about this. For a hunter's kid, he sounded very old fashioned, wanting to settle down after the job market quieted to raise their kid, or kids. He wasn't going to suddenly propose, was he? Because Callas wasn't ready for that. What started as a deal was quickly turning into a commitment, and a smoothly forming one, at that. Where did this put her in the normal Winchester dynamic? She might have to disappear for awhile, go back to watching and waiting, giving help when it was needed while building her own defenses to the demons that would likely come.

She was glad that Dean wasn't here to hear what Sam was telling her, because it would just launch into another argument, but the small motion of holding her hand and telling her such a ridiculously flattering thing...it was nice. Short-lived, but nice.

"Let's go find him." Callas got to her feet as Sam's phone went off, and once he answered it, she would hear Dean's voice, muted through the earpiece.

"Sammy? You in one piece, or do I need to track that bitch down? Look, these ghosts aren't after the bride, it's a hunter. We have his journal, and it has some freaky-deeky sygil in it, or something. I need you to look at it when we come to pick you up." Dean would also need to keep an eye on Lauren, because Scott undoubtedly was waiting for an open opportunity to take her out. He had so many women to juggle, right now. Luckily, he was Dean Winchester, who was practically born to juggle women...in possibly every sense.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:51 pm

"You sure? I mean... I could probably whittle a crutch from this dresser... or... I could just stay here for a bit until the room stops spinning." Alex whispered, not wanting to freak him out again. But seeing that he was alright with it, she leaned against him and hobbled towards the room Lauren was hiding inside. "Lauren, it's Alex. You can come out now."

Lauren peeked her head out the room, her makeup smeared and her hair looking crazy.

"Alex? W-Who is this guy..." She asked, looking at Dean. Alex paused a second, then smiled.

"He's just a friend. He came to help us. Come on, you can stay with us tonight to keep you safe."

"Keep me safe?! Is that creep coming back? Oh no, I'm staying with Daddy. He'll have police guard our house. I'm going home now." Lauren grabbed her purse and hurried past them, getting into a taxi down the street.

"Well... I don't think he'll try anything during the day. So let's get some rest and have Sam look at that notebook. I'll stake out her house tomorrow night." Alex let him help her down the stairs and out the door before letting go. "I'm fine now. Thanks Dean. I rather like your face when it doesn't have a disgusted expression on it."

She laughed and headed over to her vintage 1940 Crocker Big Tank motorcycle and grabbed her helmet and leather jacket.

"Meet you back at the graveyard? Try to keep up, old man." She grinned, quickly straddling the bike and take off down the road with the purr of a well maintained machine.

--------

Sam hung up the phone and paced around a bit, looking at their dad's journal.

"They're on their way back to pick us up." He whispered to Callas, looking anxious for many reasons.

Alex showed up first and tossed Sam the notepad before taking off her helmet and looking the two of them over.

"Well you two seem cozy. I'd knock that off before Dean arrives." She smiled and Sam quickly crawled away while looking at the symbol.

"Wait, I've seen this before..." Sam started flipping through the pages of their dad's book and spotted it. "He's making a trade with a demon. Not an ordinary one or anything, no offense Callas."

He waited for Dean to arrive before explaining anything else. When his brother showed up, looking safe and healthy, he sighed with relief and showed him what he found.

"So... Dean. I think he's trying to summon yellow-eyes." He whispered. "If we let him do it, we could finally confront the guy. But, we can't let an innocent girl get killed. I guess we'll just have to wait until we have the gun anyways. Callas? Do you know of anyway to cancel this summon?"

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:28 pm

Scott seemed like a determined hunter, like himself, so Dean doubted that the cops would be able to do much. He'd have to do a stake out, because he didn't trust Alex's condition, despite her insistence to being fine. Going from so limp armed that you couldn't hold up a notebook to combat worthy in a day...he'd rather not take the chance. Wait, she noticed his disturbed expressions in reaction to her past as a man? Crap. Well, he wasn't about to explain this to her, because he wasn't that offensively stupid.

"I'll try not to run you over on my way there, peewee," he countered, climbing into the Impala before giving her bike an appreciative once-over. Sometimes, Dean was vehicle-sexual. He wouldn't mind giving that bike a tune up...even though his Impala was still exponentially better.

"Love you, baby," he told the machine, rubbing the dash as he cruised behind Alex on the road. There was no explicit hurry, since he didn't want to turn Alex into a road pancake, so he turned up his radio to the deafening volume that he liked it at, and enjoyed the simple solitude when a man and his car connected. Oh, he loved Sam, he really did, but sometimes...sometimes Dean needed this.

-----

"I'm sure he's fine if he's still got the pep to threaten me." Callas rose with Sam as he began to pace, and grabbed his arm to root him. "Take it a step at a time." She was tempted to add a snippy comment about him acting like a woman, but his cutesy words had ruined that for her, at the moment. Since when was she such a sap for sincerity? Luckily, the moment was broken when Alex showed up, and Callas resigned herself to a wry smirk and settling back against the tree. So someone was up for summoning?

"No offense taken. Every demon has a specialty, after all." She peered around his arm to examine the summons herself, then heard a familiar voice amidst a cacophony of Metallica. The Impala's engine cut, along with Dean's obnoxious singing, and the huffy hunter seemed to decide that he hadn't needled her enough, as per the forming norm.

"Back off the goods, she-devil," he snipped, coming around to Sam's other side to hear what his brother had to say. "Yellow eyes? Bad timing, since we don't have the Colt, yet. What's the game plan?" Damn, he was asking her. It was like feeding a stray cat; the more attention and food you gave it, the more likely it wouldn't go away. He needed to bring that up when he had his man-to-man with Sam. Callas, intent on ignoring whatever Dean had just grouched at her, licked her lips and nodded once.

"Pretty easy. These summoning ceremonies are precise, in a cut and dried kind of way. You could sabotage any aspect of it to keep Az where he belongs. Screw with the circle; if he has an altar, bust it...and if he needs to kill this girl for it, then prevent him." Yes, Callas would have to stay out of Hell for awhile, because once word spread of what she was doing, who she was resisting, and how she was taking Sam Winchester for herself...well, that was one giant monkey wrench into many, many plans. "Or you could taint the site with iron filings, if you want to be more inconspicuous. Mixing it into the lines of the circle would be a pain for him. If you actually let this guy summon Az, though, there won't be much you can do without the Colt..." She trailed off, hand rubbing down the line of her thigh as she pondered the knife in her boot.

They wouldn't be able to do much without the Colt, but maybe she could fix that for them.

"But...if you bought me some time, I might be able to make my own version of a demon-slaying weapon." She could feel Dean staring at her, now, probably thinking of the possibilities. It was easy to guess what was going on in that brain of his: 'Either she's lying to screw us over with this demon, or I can kill her with it later'.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:22 am

"What? Callas? Can you really do that?" Sam stared at her with a mix of awe and 'dean face'. "That's amazing. I'm sure we can manage that. Dean and Alex will go and keep an eye on Lauren, and you and I can go find that alter, destroy it, then do whatever you need to do to get that weapon ready."

Sam then zipped up his hoodie, which was the sign that he was ready for business.

"Sounds like a decent plan to me. I've got an idea to protect Lauren as well. Scott is probably sleeping at the altar right now, so it's too big of a risk to have your brother go check it out at the moment. Let's get some rest and start back up in a few hours." Alex added, hopping back on her bike and heading out.

--------------

Later that afternoon

Sam woke up on his motel bed and went to grab a shower.

Meanwhile, Alex knocked on the door, holding hamburgers and beer in one hand, and a marriage certificate in the other.

"You ready to tie the knot?" She grinned.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:51 pm

That evil, conniving bitch. Sam was giving her the face. The face he only reserved for Dean. That was his face! If looks could kill, Dean would have made the world free of one more demon. And why was Sam wanting to split them up like that? He didn't have to be with the demon bitch; he would gladly keep an eye on his little brother, like he always did. In fact, Dean was the best-suited to keep an eye on Sam; after all, he'd been doing it since he was four, and therefore, was spectacular at it.

Oh...oh, it was on. She was smirking at him. She knew how much he hated this. All bets were off. When he got his hands on the means, she was pulp beneath his heel. And she...she was looking at Sam like...like...well, he really had no idea what her expression was conveying, but it looked nice, and thus, had to be faked.

"I'm capable of many things," Callas stated, enjoying the awe on Sam's face and the unbridled jealousy on Dean's. The elder Winchester practically dragged his brother to the car when it was time to head back, and salted their hotel room. She didn't mind, instead relishing Dean's high reaction rate as she spent the hours getting a hold contacts in Hell, which was much harder when there were repercussions for slicing some throats. None of them she trusted with her life, but there were demons that owed her dues, and they would be tied to their word once she called in favors. Hopefully, this would work out.

Once enough time had passed, she decided that her resources weren't getting any better in the immediate future, and made her way back to the motel the boys were staying at.

Dean had just let Alex in, glad for the sight of burgers and beer but momentarily stunned by the marriage certificate, until he realized that it was probably a part of the plan. For a second, he thought that a woman that put the emphasis in 'man' was proposing to him. Scary.

"I guess. How is this getting us where we need to be?" He yanked on his shirt, which was resting on the floor by his bed, and pretended that his brand new scar didn't exist. A story would have to be made up for it, later, so he could get even more lucky in bed, but for now, when the reason was fresh in his mind...no, he didn't really want to think about it, because that meant he'd remember that Sam was...damnit. Now he was thinking about it.

It also didn't help that Callas decided to walk in without a pause, a bag of what was most likely evil shit to kill Sam slung over her shoulder.

"Don't mind me," she sighed, blase, and sat down on the end of Sam's bed to rummage through the items she had collected for later.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Alex sat down and handed Dean his food while popping the cap of her own beer. She was pretty bandaged up, but was keeping her cool.

"Well, Scott's only going after women that are getting married on an exact day, right? Tomorrow. So, if Lauren and her beau get married today, he won't be able to use her. The only problem is letting Scott know that before he tries to kill her." She grinned then noticed Callas walk in. "How's that weapon going."

"Dean? Have you seen my-Oh-God-There's-Women." Sam clutched the towel around his waist and quickly ducked back into the bathroom so only his arm was exposed out the door. "Pass me my bag!"

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

"What about some kind of public announcement to congratulate the young lovers? Thrown by a childhood friend?" Dean tore the wrapping on a burger and stuffed half of it in his mouth, pacified for the moment as he looked to Alex imploringly. He thought it was a pretty good idea, himself. Almost as good as a burger that made his cheeks bulge and his jaw practically unhinge to eat it. Bliss. That is, until Callas spoke, reminding him that she wasn't dead yet.

"I have everything I need to get it done, which is progress. Now I just need a place to put it all together." It would probably be messy, too. Callas fingered a dark-needled tool strapped to a tinted jar, testing its point and pricking herself experimentally as Sam made his entrance. He was equally quick on an almost-exit, unsurprisingly bashful despite the fact that he had a towel over his important bits. As if she wouldn't see them later. Oh well.

Dean's muffled laughter could be heard as he chuckled around his burger, sitting up and looking around to find his brother's bag. Of course the evil demon bitch was sitting by it. She wanted him to come within stabbing reach. Well, he would shank her far before she could do the same to him, that was for sure. While Dean checked his knife at his side, Callas rolled her eyes and set down her bag, effectively putting her sharp objects out of the way as she picked up Sam's bag and pressed it into his hand.

"Dean, I know I threaten your masculinity at every turn, but I would've thought that you would have half a mind around me by now. You want to deal with 'yellow eyes', right? Then stop getting so hung up on me." Really, one would think that the fact that she was willing to make a demon killing weapon for them would speak clearly enough. Apparently, not for Dean. If she wasn't in the middle of a semi-reform, she just might have given him a reason to be so suspicious. Just think of his face after she bangs Sam...yeah, that made things better.

"Shufuff, bffpht," came Dean's usual retort, obscured by food.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:20 pm

"Yeah, that could really work. Maybe you're the smart one, Dean." Alex grinned, devouring her hamburger while curling up in the chair and writing this all down. She snorted slightly at Sam's womanly ways.

"I hear laughing and it's not funny!" Sam called out, grabbing his bag when Sam handed it to him and quickly getting changed in the bathroom. He came out a minute later, zipping up his hoodie once more. "Come on Callas, we have an altar to destroy."

And they did.

In the supernatural hunting system, the creatures are killed be two seperate yet equally important groups: the Sams, who get kidnapped in order to create an unessisary distractions, and the Deans, who kill anything that even looks at their brother. These are their stories.

Dun Dun.

Sam and Callas found Scotty's altar in an abandoned old military reserve building. Sam accidentally fell in some dead girl blood and freaked out. Callas did her thing. Sam was useless. Callas wanted his babies.

Dean and Alex had awkward fake gender bending scenarios while throwing a party for Lauren and her husband and pissing Scotty off. Scotty and Dean fought like badasses when Scotty tried to kill Alex instead. But Alex kicked him in the crotch and he ran away.

The group met back at the motel and Alex mentioned her brother. Sam started to relate, of course, and really wanted to meet him. He pouted at Dean, so Dean said yes. Callas went along for the babies, and because she knew where Morty was, since yellow eyes was keeping tabs on all his demon blood babies.

Getting in the car, they somehow drove through the ocean or Canada and made it to Alaska.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2