Dwellers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case File #01

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Case File #01 - Page 2 Empty Re: Case File #01

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm

"What are they, a werewolf spin-off?" Still, Dean wasn't too worried...about himself. It was Sam that should be fretting over those teeth, and that is exactly why he wasn't ditching Mr. Pre-Law. What he should've been studying was weaponry and supernatural Achilles' Heels, but that was a discussion for another time, hopefully far, far down the line. Noticing the door up ahead, Dean approached, peering through the slit. What, did this skinwalker have mommy issues and wanted to reenact a better childhood? Jesus.

"Katie, can you hear me? We're getting you out of here, okay, so I just need you to--" As he fished in his pocket for a pin, however, Sam's scream cut him off, and Dean whipped around just in time to see his brother yanked away. "Fuck! Sammy! Hang on!" Priorities were priorities, and Sam came before everything else, even hot babes and kidnapped sisters that weren't his. Dean ducked around the corner, gun pointed at the ready as he prepared to give chase, if he had to.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:58 pm

"Dean!" Sam's scream echoed off the walls, making it hard to tell which direction or tunnel it was actually coming from. It wouldn't be until the thumps of Sam getting his ass kicked that Dean would be able to get the right tunnel.

By the time he caught up, Sam was slumped against the wall with a bloody nose and holding his arm.

"It's getting away," He groaned, trying to nod further down the tunnel. "Go after him, I'll go let Katie out, we'll meet you outside. Hurry."

Sam stood up and started to wobble past Dean.

Melody
Admin

https://dwellers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Seeing that the creature had escaped, leaving Sam in a bit of a shamble, Dean groaned, reaching out and grabbing Sam's shoulder before he could leave. He noticed that Sam was favoring his arm, and hoped it was just due to a good thumping.

"Did it bite you? Hold still. Look at me." A sense of urgency cinching his time, Dean moved to grab Sam's chin, turning his head roughly towards him and whipping out his cell phone. He had to check, had to be sure before he could just up and leave, and so he turned on the camera, a soft blue light flashing in Sam's face at the picture. Dean wanted to see his eyes.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:42 pm

Sam frowned as Dean inspected him.

"I'm Fine Dean, seriously, you're letting him get away." He said, trying to nudge Dean back towards the other tunnel. "What if he catches up to Ophelia?"

Then the picture was taken. Sam's expression slowly began to sour.

"...you really shouldn't have done that." He grabbed the phone and threw it down another tunnel. "Curiosity will be the death of you, boy. Ever think about mindin' your own business. This ain't got nothin' to do with you. This 'ere is a family matter."

He pulled out a knife and began to circle dean.

"You leave now and I'll make sure that hopeless brother of yours leave alive. You got me?"

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:09 pm

Silver eyes. He thought Sam got off a bit easy. Stepping back from the skinwalker as his phone was knocked away, Dean aimed his gun at the creature's head, mouth a firm line.

"Family matter, huh? I was under the impression that it was a matter of murder and kidnap, and I'm not leaving until it's under control." The only family matter around here was the matter of saving Sam, and then Katie. "Like dad always said, 'shoot first, ask questions later'." If it was one code Dean had, it was following his father's, and so he didn't hesitate in cocking the gun and pulling the trigger.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:25 pm

The skinwalker had apparently no idea the type of guy Dean was, so the expression on his face was that of shock as the bullet pieced his chest. He stumbled back in disbelief, falling to the ground. Sam's appearance melted away revealing the old man's true form.

"Take care of my granddaughters." He coughed before writhing in pain from the silver. Finally, a second later, he went limp.

"Dean?!" Sam limped out of a tunnel, loosely holding his gun. "Hey, you alright? The old man knocked me out and... oh... you shot him. You really couldn't wait until we got some answers?"

Sam rolled his eyes and limped towards the door to unlock it and set Katie free.

The girl looked confused.

"Who are you people? I'm late to a math exam. How did I get down here?" She seemed to have been out cold the entire time and still thought no days had passed. She pushed the brothers aside, assuming they were creepers, and headed out back to the school.

"Weird day." Sam sighed, putting his gun away and walking with Dean out towards the surface of the tunnel, where Ophelia was hugging her sister. "Quick, dean, say the first thing that comes to your head so I can know it's really you.."

Better safe than sorry.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Granddaughters. This family just kept getting freakier and freakier by the minute.

"We didn't come here for some sob story from a monster, Sam, we came here to save Katie, kill it, and leave to look for dad." Dean reholstered his gun and fetched his phone while Sam released Katie, who had apparently been KOed this whole time. Probably for the best. He left with his brother, watching as Ophelia embraced her sister at the end of the tunnel and tilting his head to look back at Sam.

"You make a hideous girl and now that this hunt is over I'm going to remind you about it every five minutes or so?" Really, he needed to give Sam a crash course on the supernatural, or at least a refresher. Skinwalkers stole more than your appearance, they stole your demeanor, your knowledge, everything. Identity theft wasn't something they did half-assed. His attention turned to Ophelia, and he hooked his thumbs into his jeans, watching her carefully.

"We made the delivery, so are you ready to talk?"

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:10 pm

"Dammit, it is you." Sam sighed. "And that wasn't funny. I hope you realize what you started..."

He tried to think up something even better.

Ophelia nodded at the question and sent her sister back to the school.

"Of course, let's go inside where no one will overhear." She followed them back, though the hell hound was nowhere to be seen. Once inside, she sat down on the couch and thought about how to explain the situation. "I'll tell you what I told your dad. The demon you're looking for is still in hiding. No hunter will be able to find him until he starts to use his powers again. Does that make sense? But, there is another way. Since I have these eyes, I found a way to put them to use. I can see demons completely, while human's only come off as aura's. With some of my connections, we can probably find some lesser demons and get the information out of them."

"Wait... we?" Sam frowned, not liking where this was going. "And one more thing... you can't see us... and you slapped my butt earlier. Oh my goodness, you think I'm the hot one!"

Sam beamed a grin at Dean then fought back a victory scream by clearing his throat.

"and yes, that would be the correct assumption." He giggled.

Ophelia rolled her demon eyes.

"Are you guys in or not? I can't tell if you two take this seriously. Is there anything else you need to know before you make your decision?"

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:19 pm

"I'm aware, Samantha." Reaching over, he playfully pinched Sam's cheek before getting out of range of any potential blows, changing the motion into marching on ahead to Ophelia's house once she agreed. Why she was suddenly without Lucky, he didn't know, but he planned on getting an explanation if the situation called for it. Once everyone was gathered under her eccentric roof, Dean listened to what she had to say, intrigued.

"You can see demons? Woah, Sam, don't wet yourself, there." Staring at his younger brother as he practically exploded from euphoria, Dean raised an eyebrow and made sure the stare he gave Sam was short and awkward before finally returning to Ophelia. "Yeah, I have questions. That skinwalker, he said he was your gramps, and for a girl who just happens to have demon eyes because of her parents, you sure as hell don't stop there. I want to know what you are now, and how much of a threat you'd be to us if something went wrong."

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Sam blushed, looking embarrassed after Dean's awkward stare.

"My grandfather? Well, I suppose it's possible. But like I said, I went into foster care when I was young, so I never really met any of my family on that side." Ophelia shrugged, leaning back and propping her feet up on Sam because she knew he had pansy aura. She listened to the rest of Dean's question and had to put a hand over her mouth to hide her smile. "Threat?"

She stifled a giggle and shook her head.

"What you see is what you get, I suppose." She showed them a genuine smile. "I can hardly open a jar by myself, so physically I'm actually below average strength for a girl my age. Mentally? Well, I'm probably smarter than both of you, but don't take it personally. And if you're worried about the demon eyes, don't be. The only power they gives me is to run into walls and to be able to see the true form of demons, which despite how cool that sounds, doesn't come into use very often. Let's just say, I'm only useful as an informant. Hence the reason I called your dad for help."

She blinked her large eyes in the brothers' direction, then grinned.

"I creep you out, don't I." She leaned forward and felt around for their faces before pinching their cheeks with the strength of a toddler. "I thought John's kids might be a bit cooler than this. So disappointing. Maybe I should wait for something better to come along."

Ophelia laughed more and stood up, feeling her way along the wall.

"I'm going to go pack, so don't try leaving without me. Steve already has your scent." She whistled and the dog appeared, having been in the room with them the whole time.

The hellhound stared at them a minute then sneezed and layed down beside the couch. Dean would notice that it had a collar and was the tamest hellhound he had ever seen or heard of. Most were aggressive though, because their demon owners were aggressive.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mindie Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Dean seemed satisfied enough with her answers, as well as Sam's rightful embarrassment--after all, it was Dean's duty as an older brother to both protect and humiliate him--and he leaned back away from Ophelia's hands with a smirk.

"You haven't seen anything yet, pun not intended. One more question, though. Could you see a demon that is possessing a human?" Considering that those were the most awkward to find, and the ones with the largest repercussions if mistaken, Dean could see the use in that. "And if you expect to come with us, pack light, and expect to pay for yourself. I already have to babysit Sam, as is." He was also very willing to ditch her, if she proved to be more trouble than she was worth. After all, his specialty, besides being badass and keeping Sam safe, consisted of constantly leaving women behind. Therefore, with that in mind, he could consent to bringing her for x number of miles.

Mindie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Melody Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 pm

"Yeah, actually. It's not as easy as seeing an ordinary demon though. It takes me a while to see through the disguise. But it's possible." Ophelia called out from the bedroom while packing some thing. "And don't worry about money. I had a fairly lucrative fortune reading business before this. I'll treat you guys to dinner and beer tonight."

Her voice was rather giddy at the idea of being able to leave the house. After a few minutes, She came back out carrying two small bags.

"One is clothes, the other has protective charms that I'm pretty sure you guys have never heard of. I'm sure I'll save your lives sometime in the future, so feel free to thank me whenever." She knew that at the very least Sam was going to need saving every hunt, probably multiple times. As she handed the bags for poor Sam to load, she put on a pair of sunglasses even though it was dark out. Obviously, just so they wouldn't have to deal with seeing the demon eyes for the rest of the trip.

She walked out and felt up the car and clicked her tongue before getting inside. Steve whined behind them so she shook her head.

"No, Steve, you're too big to ride in here. Just apparate wherever we stop for the night. Be a good boy until I see you, I'll be fine," She planted a kiss on the matted fur of the hellhound before it disappeared, then curled up in the backseat for the long ride.

Melody
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2